Monday, November 21, 2011

Day 4 & 5

So yesterday I didn't post because it was Aiden's 6th birthday! I cannot believe how big he is getting! I am so grateful for that kid, and Kyler too of course. Aiden is such a sweetheart. He shows maturity beyond his years. He told Kyler "Now that I'm six, I will teach you everything!" He is so funny, so loving, and is so smart. He is doing awesome in Kindergarten and loves to learn! I always wanted my kids to grow up with a love of learning and school so I just hope that this attitude stays! He is always trying to teach Kyler things he learns. He loves to read and will read to his brother. He catches onto things so fast, including consequences of his actions. He knows when he as done things he isn't supposed to and doesn't try to fight me on punishment. He has started to develop a bit of an attitude I have never seen before, reminds me of a teenager sometimes but for the most part he shakes it off quickly. He favorite things are spiderman, riding his bike, skateboarding, and coloring. He will color for hours every day and hangs all his creations up on my fridge, which is covered! I love this kid so much he brings so much joy to my life. Thank you Aiden for being you! He always has the goofiest smile!




I am grateful today for the little moments in life that just make me smile. I mean simple little moments. Family movie night with cuddling and popcorn. Kyler coming up to me and telling me he loves me 20 times a day. My dog running up to see me when I get home, so ridiculously excited he can barely contain it. Aiden reading to Kyler. All 3 of my boys telling me how pretty I look. Watching my son blow out his birthday candles. Lunch with my mom. Reading a book. I can go on and on, but I pretty much mean the moments where it seems as it life almost stops and you truly feel in the moment and content. I am grateful for those moments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That attitude you talk about is school talking! Nichole's gone a bit that way, too, and at times it is frustrating because she's never been one to cop an attitude...but she recovers quickly and is back to her bubbly, lovable self in no time! :)