Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why so quick to forget about Thanksgiving?

Every year it seems that Christmas comes earlier and earlier. As soon as Halloween is over all the stores have their Christmas music and decorations out and boasting early Christmas specials. Wait a minute, what about Thanksgiving!? Whereas I love Christmas, the music, the decorations, the Christmas shopping, I refuse to put up my tree or listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. I do Christmas shop before Thanksgiving but this is because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to get everything I need to get. The reason this bothers me is because I feel that while Christmas is probably the most fun, Thanksgiving is the most important. What could be more important than a holiday that reminds us to be THANKFUL for what we have. Christmas just makes us think about what presents we want and want to give others. But Thanksgiving is all about BEING content, happy, and grateful for what you have right NOW. Which is actually what we should be doing all year round, but most people need a reminder. So to help me remember to be more grateful I am going to take the time to write on here every day until Thanksgiving what I am thankful for.

Whereas I never ever thought I would move back to Grangeville, it has been so good for us! Darren has a good job that has amazing benefits! He is working his way up fast, getting raises and promotions and they love him over there! I am SO incredibly grateful for this! I am so grateful also for the fact that my husband works so hard so that I can be a stay at home mom again and attend school. He works 10-12 hour days 5-6 days a week. Great for overtime, but I know it exhausts him and is physically straining. Yet he still comes home and interacts with the kids, help Aiden do homework and then cuddles with me on the couch till he falls asleep. I am so grateful for him.

No comments: